Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Brief Introduction to Me

Hello! My name is Megan and I am a Canyon County Democrat from Nampa! At the caucus here in Nampa this spring, I was privileged to be elected as a delegate to the State Convention for Hillary Clinton. The state convention was an amazing experience. I met many wonderful people and was excited by all the young people participating in this year's elections. I am 23 years old and believe we must be the change in government we wish to see. That is why I was so excited when my fellow Clinton delegates at the State Convention asked me to run for an At-Large Delegate...and I won! I will be attending the Democratic National Convention in Denver at the end of the month. I am so lucky to represent the great State of Idaho and the wonderful community here in Canyon County. While in Denver, I will blog every day. I will post up-dates on what the delegation is doing throughout this month, as well.

After the convention, I will be heading to graduate school. I will be pursuing my Master's degree in Public Policy and Administration in Environmental Policy. After graduate school, I would like to go to law school and work as a water rights advocate here in Idaho. As an avid outdoors woman, I know what a vital role water use plays here in our state for agriculture, industry, and recreation. I graduated from Boise State University (but attended University of Idaho for two years) with a BA in Journalism/Mass Communications. This summer I have volunteered at our Community Garden here in Nampa, at Walt Minnick's campaign office, and for the Peck's Annual Patriotic Picnic. I am also working to help Byron Yankey win a spot as a Representative to the Legislature for District 13!

If you would like to learn more about the Convention or my weblog, please feel free to email me at nageltoo@gmail.com. While each delegate is responsible for the cost of the convention individually, some folks at the picnic and the convention said they would like to help me if they could. For this college student, any help towards the Convention would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to experiencing a historic week, one that could act as a turning point in the course of our nation's history. I am blessed that I get to be a part of Idaho's Delegation as a delegate from Canyon County. Thank you so much!

"Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation."-Robert F. Kennedy (as quoted in the 2008 Idaho State Democratic Party Platform)

1 comment:

Juliefisher said...

They made a great choice with you Megan. Have fun and learn much!